murcia

Portal de Aledo

www.portaldealedo.com

Aledo - SpanishAledo - English
detail of Aledo

 

"The emptied Spain must take a step forward" (05/10/2019)

Secretary of Local Administration |

On October 4, the emptied Spain returned to the streets to claim its visibility and with it its right to have the same opportunities as the most populated Spain.

And he is absolutely right and has my most absolute solidarity and support.

Now this does not come.

If you want to get something you have to take a step forward, brave and determined.

We can understand the Spain emptied from those municipalities with less than 1,000 inhabitants, which are almost 5,000, 61.5% of the total, but only agglutinate 3% of the population of the country, or better still, those who have less of 500, which are almost 4,000, 49%, that is to say, practically half of all our Town Halls, but nevertheless they only have 1.5% of their inhabitants.

And does this make sense? Well, no.

If the Spanish municipal plant in general no longer has it, even less has it from the emptied Spain.

It is not understandable that in order to administer 3% of the population, more mayors are needed than for the remaining 97%, and even less so that 1.5% need as many consistories as for the other 98.5%.

And someone will tell me that this is what was missing, take away the Town Halls, when their Mayors charge nothing.

Well, this is not true.

According to the data of the Salary Information System of Administration Posts (ISPA), of the Ministry of Territorial Policy and Public Function, in 2017 City Councils that received between 500 and 1,000 inhabitants were paid in 2017 remunerations or assignments to their corporate members for the amount of about 21 million euros, and in those with less than 500 inhabitants, for 9.5 million euros.

And the transcendental thing is that in per capita terms they cost more than politicians in somewhat larger municipalities, such as those with 1,000 to 2,000 inhabitants.

Also where there is a Mayor there is a Town Hall that, although insufficient, always has some staff, often intermittently, which does not match the character of Public Administration of a City Council.

Well, according to the 2017 ISPA, although for small municipalities only collects the data of those with 1,0001 and 5,000 inhabitants, it turns out that in these they paid some compensation to their staff around 400 million euros, which they represent 88.83 euros per capita, and nevertheless in those of the following hairpin, those of between 5,001 and 20,000 inhabitants, and therefore with many more technicians who make the services to be provided more adequate and of higher quality, although they paid about 200 million more touched 24 euros less per head.

And the exposed data would still be added to the ordinary expenses of the Town Hall itself: electricity, heating, telephone, stationery, insurance, etc., etc.

That is, in the end it turns out that it is more expensive to have a City Hall in Spain emptied, without the possibility of providing quality services to its neighbors, which entails its increasing depopulation, than constituting larger municipalities, better equipped, with more staff technician and with a portfolio of services attractive enough so that people don't have to leave.

In addition, if these small town councils merge with those whose inhabitants are more familiar, closer, and those who regularly go shopping, make arrangements or even have fun, do sports or leisure activities, such as their respective headwaters of the region, or judicial party, or simply those somewhat larger and therefore better equipped, would have a compensation provided for in the Local Regime Law of 10% more in their participation in the income of the State, and 17% additional if each new City Council exceeds 5,000 inhabitants.

With all this, among the savings that would be obtained both in terms of political expenses, organization and operation, as well as the increase in income from the State, they would have at their disposal about 90 million euros, at least, per year.

To add to the savings by the application of economies of scale, reduction of intermunicipal duplications or unit management of resources for similar situations, among many others.

Doing this, in addition to improving the standard of living of its citizens and giving a lesson to the rest of the municipalities of the country, which should urgently undertake this process of mergers if they do not want to fall into that empty Spain, they would leave the rest without excuses of Public Administrations, that before such a step forward they would have no choice but to put their shoulders and arbitrate the plans for help and promotion that are claimed and that are so necessary to stop this demographic bleeding.

Source: Opinión

Notice
UNE-EN ISO 9001:2000 - ER-0131/2006 © 2019 Alamo Networks S.L. - C/Alamo 8, 30850 Totana (Murcia) Privacy policy - Legal notice Región de Murcia
Este sitio web utiliza cookies para facilitar y mejorar la navegación. Si continúas navegando, consideramos que aceptas su uso. Más información